The Forex market is one of the most popular ways to invest and multiply your capital.
Forex is a market where foreign currencies are traded. The turnover of this financial market is 7.5 trillion dollars per day (2022).
Last year was marked by many strong falls of the euro and many world political events that had a significant impact on the Forex market and due to which currencies had a much wider range of fluctuations than in previous years.
Let's take a look at the current predictions for the events of the Forex market in 2023.
Automation in trading on the Forex market
At the moment, the development of artificial intelligence has reached the level where it is used in many technical and financial niches, including Forex trading. It is believed that automation and the use of artificial intelligence will become more common in 2023. This may affect the fact that some specialists in the Forex market may lose their jobs. But it can also increase the quality and accuracy of trading, which can therefore increase potential profits for traders.
Trading robots are automated software programs designed to produce trading signals. The majority of these robots are built using MetaTrader and the MQL scripting language, enabling traders to create signals, execute orders, and monitor trades.
An example is the active use of trading robots in trading, which provide traders with the following advantages:
- Traders receive signals to enter and exit the market. That is, trading robots open up potentially profitable opportunities and deals for the trader.
- Trading robots provide an opportunity to very quickly analyze information on many trading instruments. Moreover, the trading robot can issue orders based on its analysis.
- Trading robots provide opportunities for trading in the Forex market to a wider group of people because traders do not necessarily need to know technical and fundamental analysis thoroughly.
- Trading jobs reduce the likelihood of being influenced by emotions. Trading robots analyze tools and conclude without including emotions in them because they do not have them. So the use of trading robots will help not to succumb to impulsive decisions.
- Trading robots save a trader's time because calculations can take a lot of time. And with their use, market analysis can take a minimum of time.
- Trading robots are programs and, therefore, available for use 24 hours a day during all Forex sessions.
- There is less chance of error. Performing calculations manually, there is a possibility of error due to banal inattention. After all, people can simply be careless and miss a comma or mix up a number.
So, the trend towards automation of processes is quite useful for traders, precisely due to saving time and minimizing errors.
Regulation of digital assets
It is also believed that the attractiveness of trading digital assets may begin to grow again, which in turn may affect trading in the Forex market. Revenue in the Digital Assets segment in 2022 is estimated to be 36 761 million US dollars. In 2023 it is expected to grow to 46 240 million.
The interest rate is one of the most important tools with which the central bank influences the exchange rate of the national currency. The interest rate is the cost of using money. By increasing the interest rate, the value of the national currency increases because the number of foreign investments in the country increases. That is, raising the interest rate is one of the ways to fight inflation. But it is important to note that the increase in the interest rate has consequences and limitations. When the interest rate increases, the unemployment rate increases, and it becomes more difficult to start a business because loans become more expensive.
Because in 2022, most countries were still dealing with the effects of Covid-19 and the correspondingly high inflation rates that the pandemic had caused. Also, in 2022, such important geopolitical events as the war in Ukraine took place, and also affected the world economy and caused fluctuations in the currency market.
It is likely that in 2023, the policy of biasing inflation will continue, as a result of which these efforts may not only reduce the growth rate of inflation but also slow down the development of the economy. Therefore, in the fundamental analysis of the market, traders should pay attention to data on unemployment because the further policy of central banks on the interest rate will depend on it.
The Japanese yen showed one of the worst performances in 2022, so against the background of increasingly increasing inflation (maximum indicators in 8 years), the bank raised its cap on ten-year government-bond yields from 0.25% to 0.5% in December 2022. It is believed that this will help stabilize the situation and strengthen the yen.
Main currencies in 2023
Due to macroeconomic uncertainty, it is expected that European currencies and the US dollar will have high volatility indicators. At the same time, the value of the US dollar will be under pressure because of global geopolitical issues and the Federal Reserve System's actions. So, the expectations about the future of the dollar aren’t stable. One of the most stable currencies last year was the Swiss franc. Most likely, this currency will remain a safe haven currency for the current year.
In conclusion, we can note that in 2023, central banks will conduct a rather strict monetary policy due to the growing inflation last year. Automation of processes plays a big role in trade, which allows the processing of huge amounts of information and increases the accuracy of forecasts. Also, the volume of the digital assets market is increasing, and it is expected that the income and the number of market participants will grow.