Last week, investors' attention was focused on inflation data in European countries, US labor market data, geopolitics, and the OPEC+ meeting. This week will be calmer in terms of economic events. The Reserve Bank of Australia will update its interest rate on Tuesday. Analysts do not expect any surprises and believe that the rate will remain unchanged. The March FOMC minutes will be released on Wednesday, where investors can see signs that the Fed will aggressively raise interest rates. Analysts believe that improving labor market indicators contribute to the Fed's half-percent rate hike at its next meeting on May 4. Currently, the probability of such a scenario is estimated at 75.5%. This could lead to a sharp surge in volatility this week. Investors' attention should also be focused on the ECB minutes and speeches by ECB officials. A sharp rise in inflation in Europe could lead to a revision of the ECB's monetary policy. It should also be noted that financial markets are now very sensitive to news of the war in Ukraine and the situation in the oil market.
- – Australia Retail Sales (m/m) at 04:30 (GMT+3);
- – UK BoE Gov Bailey’s Speech at 12:05 (GMT+3);
- – Canada BoC Business Outlook Survey at 17:30 (GMT+3).
- – Australia RBA Interest Rate Decision at 07:30 (GMT+3);
- – Australia RBA Rate Statement at 07:30 (GMT+3);
- – German Services (m/m) PMI at 10:55 (GMT+3);
- – Eurozone Services (m/m) PMI at 11:00 (GMT+3);
- – UK Services PMI (m/m) at 11:30 (GMT+3);
- – US ISM Services PMI (m/m) at 17:00 (GMT+3).
- – US FOMC Member Brainard Speaks at 18:05 (GMT+3);
- – US FOMC Member Williams Speaks at 21:00 (GMT+3).
- – UK Construction PMI (m/m) at 11:30 (GMT+3);
- – Eurozone Producer Price Index (m/m) at 12:00 (GMT+3);
- – Canada Ivey PMI (m/m) at 17:00 (GMT+3);
- – US Crude Oil Reserves (w/w) at 17:30 (GMT+3);
- – US FOMC Meeting Minutes at 21:00 (GMT+3).
- – Switzerland Unemployment Rate (m/m) at 08:45 (GMT+3);
- – German Industrial Production (m/m) at 09:00 (GMT+3);
- – Eurozone Retail Sales (m/m) at 12:00 (GMT+3);
- – Eurozone ECB Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts at 14:30 (GMT+3);
- – US Initial Jobless Claims (w/w) at 15:30 (GMT+3);
- – US FOMC Member Bullard Speaks at 16:00 (GMT+3);
- – US Natural Gas Storage (w/w) at 17:30 (GMT+3);
- – US FOMC Member Williams Speaks at 23:05 (GMT+3).
- – Japan Consumer Confidence (m/m) at 08:00 (GMT+3);
- – Canada Unemployment Rate (m/m) at 15:30 (GMT+3).
by 2022.04.04, We advise you to get acquainted with the daily forecasts for the major currency pairs.
This article reflects a personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an investment advice, and/or offer, and/or a persistent request for carrying out financial transactions, and/or a guarantee, and/or a forecast of future events.Open Account